Wednesday 22 February 2012

Chocolate And Coconut Slices

On the weekend I had a random craving for a snack my school canteen used to sell at morning break time. I loved this sooo much when I was teenager and all I had to go by was a vague memory of this chocolate slice that looked sort of like a brownie and had coconut in it.
I found a recipe and thought that sounds about right and decided to try it out as I had desicated coconut left over from truffle decorating last week.
Success it is the exact treat I was searching for and oooooh does it taste good I feel 15 again! Best part about this recipe is you don't need eggs as we always seem to run out of eggs quickly in this house.

Ingredients you will need to make this yummy treat!

3 Wheatabix bisuits 
85g Desicated Coconut
120g Caster Sugar
150g Self-Raising Flour
3 Tbs Cocoa Powder
150g Butter

Method

Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
You will need to firstly lightly grease a 16cm x 26cm tray or any suitable for doing a tray bake. Next line the tray with grease proof I would say greaseproof paper is a must to avoid any sticking to the tin and ruining your hard work.

Next break up the wheatabix into a bowl or food mixer.
Add the coconut and sugar an then sift in the flour and cocoa powder.
Place the butter in a bowl and melt in microwave for 1min, pour it over the dry ingredients and mix well. 
Spoon the mixture into your prepared tin pressing it down with a spoon once its all filled. It is vital you press the mixture down firmly in the tin as this will prevent it from just being a crumbly mess once its cooked.
I used a mini rolling pin and when you roll the mixture it gives it a really nice sheen on the top. 

Put it into the oven for 15 mins 180 degrees (my oven is very hot so i turned mine down to 160 for the cooking so will depend on your individual oven)

Let it cool and cut into your desired slices and your done happy munching!

 

1 comment:

  1. Wow that sounds and looks amazing - I love anything with chocolate and coconut.


    http://heatherfrostx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete