Friday 20 January 2012

Picture Friday - Inspirational Women

The theme of today's picture Friday is inspirational women. 

From the things they've said to the things they've worn I have chosen these women as they have had and continue to have such a strong influence on women in the past and to this present day.

Coco Chanel 
Showing bows have and will always be a key symbol in feminine fashion

“Fashion changes, but style endures.”
“As long as you know men are like children, you know everything!”
“Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door. ” 
“I don't understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little - if only out of politeness. And then, you never know, maybe that's the day she has a date with destiny. And it's best to be as pretty as possible for destiny.”


Marilyn Monroe
Not afraid to speak her mind she is the inspiration of many with her timeless glamour and fiery character.

“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.” 
“Give a girl the right shoes, and she can conquer the world.”
“We should all start to live before we get too old. Fear is stupid. So are regrets.”


Audrey Hepburn
One of my favourite films is My Fair Lady and she was exactly that.

“Your heart just breaks, that's all. But you can't judge or point fingers. You just have to be lucky enough to find someone who appreciates you.” 
“I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.” 



Grace Kelly
Another timeless beauty: I Love this hairstyle even if it is a little bit rocking the "yeah i've got a croissant on my head, what of it?" look.

“A person has to keep something to herself or your life is just a layout in a magazine.” 


Kate Middleton
A modern day Grace Kelly who's beauty also bagged her the prince.
I adore this outfit it's the perfect combination pink and black. 
The mesh insert under the blush coloured fitted jacket and a contemporary hat as always renders Miss Middleton's style faultless. 

"By far the best dressing up outfit I ever had was a wonderful pair of clown dungarees, which my Granny made"

No comments:

Post a Comment