Now that my daughter is starting nursery I have more time on my hands for doing things I love such as baking... so will be posting recipes and pictures of all my latest creations up on my blog.
Today I made this yummy raspberry victoria sponge cake with raspberry jam, buttercream and fresh raspberries my fella's favourite. This is such a lovely summery cake with the weather we're having lately I couldn't resist.
Firstly here's how mine turned out....
Here's how to make it:
200g Caster Sugar
200g Unsalted Butter
4 Medium Eggs
200g Self-Raising Flour
1 Tsp Baking Powder
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Using an elecrtic mixer or by hand in a bowl mix together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Next add the eggs one at a time beating well until the mixture is smooth.
- Sift the flour and baking powder and fold into the mixture (if mixture is looking dry add a little milk)
- Grease or line two 8" cake tins and divide the mixture in two level with the back of a spoon and put in the centre of the oven for 20 minutes. Check it after 20 minutes it should be cooked but if not do the knife test in the centre and judge it by your personal oven. Allow to cool on a rack until completely cold.
Time to make it look pretty and taste gorgeous
200g Icing Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence.
- Put the butter in a a bowl or electric mixer, sift the icing sugar over the top and add the vanilla essence. Mix well intil light and fluffy.
- Put a layer of buttercream in the centre of the cake and put raspberry jam on the top of the buttercream to sandwich the two cakes together.
- Now put the buttercreamon the top cake and then decorate with fresh raspberries and your done! Bon appetite!
Let me know if you make this would love to see your pics.