Tuesday 27 March 2012

Raspberry Victoria Sponge Cake

Now that my daughter is starting nursery I have more time on my hands for doing things I love such as baking... so will be posting recipes and pictures of all my latest creations up on my blog.
Today I made this yummy raspberry victoria sponge cake with raspberry jam, buttercream and fresh raspberries my fella's favourite. This is such a lovely summery cake with the weather we're having lately I couldn't resist.

Firstly here's how mine turned out....





Here's how to make it:

Ingredients
200g Caster Sugar
200g Unsalted Butter
4 Medium Eggs
200g Self-Raising Flour
1 Tsp Baking Powder
  • Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Using an elecrtic mixer or by hand in a bowl mix together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
  • Next add the eggs one at a time beating well until the mixture is smooth.
  • Sift the flour and baking powder and fold into the mixture (if mixture is looking dry add a little milk)
  • Grease or line two 8" cake tins and divide the mixture in two level with the back of a spoon and put in the centre of the oven for 20 minutes. Check it after 20 minutes it should be cooked but if not do the knife test in the centre and judge it by your personal oven. Allow to cool on a rack until completely cold.
Time to make it look pretty and taste gorgeous

Buttercream
200g Icing Sugar
100g Butter
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence.

  • Put the butter in a a bowl or electric mixer, sift the icing sugar over the top and add the vanilla essence. Mix well intil light and fluffy. 
  • Put a layer of buttercream in the centre of the cake and put raspberry jam on the top of the buttercream to sandwich the two cakes together. 
  • Now put the buttercreamon the top cake and then decorate with fresh raspberries and your done! Bon appetite!

Let me know if you make this would love to see your pics.




4 comments:

  1. fair do's that looks amazing!! im hooked on baking atm, would love to see some more of your creations :)
    Elle xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks amazing - I'm going through a baking spell whilst I'm home and the suns shining! I made marble cakes on Sunday would love to see some more of your recipe's to try out :)

    Love, Elizabeth xx

    http://butterflyboo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this cake looks so pretty, and yummy! Can't wait to try it out!!

    ReplyDelete